Created as a stimulus for domestic economic growth in 1993, Dominica citizenship-by-investment is one of the most affordable legal programs available to the global community. Averaging only 50,000 visitors a year Dominica offers a place where one can enjoy quality time with their family and also explore the outdoors.
Due to its variety of flora & fauna and extensive natural park system, Dominica is now known as the “nature island of the Caribbean”. It enhances a world of natural beauty that is becoming rare in many parts of the world, tourists come to explore Dominica not only for its unique Caribbean culture but also to get away from their daily life.
Dominica is filled with unspoiled beauty, with green mountain sides cascades that flow down to the mild Caribbean ocean, where one can enjoy pristine blue waters while enjoying a coconut drink by the beach. The island is surrounded by tropical flowers and banana plantations.
Dominica is also home to the Caribbean’s highest peaks, namely Morne Diablotins, which stands at 1,447m high. The climate is tropical and the terrain rugged and much of the island is covered in rainforest. There are many waterfalls and lakes and 365 rivers. Dominica is also a largely popular location for hiking, scuba diving and whale watching.
Does all of this sounds nice? With the new regulations, Dominica might have just become one of the easiest places to invest in dual citizenship for you and your family! Effective December 2016, Dominica’s Citizenship by Investment Programme recognizes children (up to 28 years of age) and parents (over 55 years of age) as fully supported candidates by way of the main applicant. Family members no longer need to submit multiple applications; the new regulation allows the main applicant to include all family members, that fall into the financial requirements and age descriptions, into his or her application.
THE FOLLOWING RULES APPLY FOR FAMILY MEMBERS:
- The registration of a child under five years of age, born after citizenship has been obtained is subject to a US$ 2,000 processing fee.
- Children of the main applicant or his/her spouse between the ages of 18 and 28 years, who attend school full-time (recognized institution of higher learning after his/her 18th birthday) (or fully supported by) can be added to the application.
- An unmarried daughter of the main applicant who is under 28 years of age and is living with (or fully supported by) the main applicant can be added to the application.
- Parents or grandparents of the main applicant or his/her spouse above the age of 55 years living with (or fully supported by) the main applicant can be added to the application.
- Dominica is the only place in the Caribbean offering a Citizenship by Investment Programme that allows for such a wide age frame. Normally, most of the islands only allow dependents up to 26 years of age and parents over 65 years to be included in the application.
The government processing fees for Dominica Citizenship though investment in real estate is as follows:
- Main applicant: US$ 50,000
- Spouse: US$ 25,000
- Child 0-18 y.o.: US$ 20,000
- Dependent 18-28 or 55+ years of age: US$ 25,000
In case of real estate investment, government processing fees will apply. For a family of 4, the application fee is US$ 75,000. For a family of 6 the application fee is US$ 100,000.
A good real estate investment would be:
SILVER BEACH RESORT AND SPA
Silver Beach Resort and Spa is one of the approved real estate projects included in Dominica’s Citizenship by Investment Programme. The 200-room, luxury, five-star resort, will set the standard for eco-chic resort living. It is located on 12 acres of gently sloping, beachfront land, offering panoramic vistas of the town of Portsmouth, and Guadeloupe in the distance. Silver Beach Resort and Spa sits on Picard Beach – one of Dominica’s best beaches, just five minutes from world-renowned, US medical school – Ross University School of Medicine.
The resort, like other approved projects, is intended to bring quality room stock to Dominica’s tourism sector, as such, all units included in the resort, whether owned through full-titled or share ownership, will be part of the rental pool available to guests of the resort. All owners will be entitled to a share of the resort’s profits. Silver Beach Resort and Spa will be managed either as an internationally branded resort, or by an experienced management company